Remember my post on Revlon introducing their Whipped Creme Makeup in India..see HERE..they were all over soon..and I am reviewing them today..
What the Company claims: Indulge with ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup. Revlon, the leader in longwear makeup, introduces a new whipped crème foundation with time-release technology that provides all day flexible wear that won’t cake or flake. Skin looks flawless with up to 24 hours wear!
The smooth, silky texture of ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup blends right into your skin, with no heavy or cakey feeling. The formula, containing silk and botanicals, goes on silky smooth with coverage you can build to even out skin tone. Presented in a sleek glass jar, the luxurious crème makeup leaves a soft matte finish that will enhance any complexion.
So indulge your skin with Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup, for a flawless look all day long. Long wear never looked and felt so good!
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
• Time release technology balances skin for a continuously flawless look.
• This next-generation patent-pending whipped crème formula feels lightweight and comfortable, so makeup looks flawless all day, without rubbing off
• Bouncy, whipped formula feels ultra light and silky smooth
• Soft Matte finish
• Buildable to full coverage
• Wears up to 24hrs
• Fragrance Free
• Oil Free
SHADES: 3 shades – Natural Ochre, Warm Golden & Natural Tan
MRP: Rs. 800/- for 23.7ml
I have Warm Golden and Natural Ochre..they come in a glass jar..which is quite heavy..I would not suggest travelling with these..
It has a white cap inside..the texture is quite thick and mousse like creamy..but not air filled or light weight like the Inglot AMC Mousse Foundation..but more rich and creamy..like whipped cream exactly..as the name goes..
Now I saw the pics on some blogs where it appeared thinner and not mousse like..I feel the texture melts in summers and becomes more liquidy..if you get it..
It gives a medium to heavy coverage…I use it very lightly and in lesser qty when I just want some evenness and not full coverage..and when builded completely, it gives a flawless full coverage..this is perfect for weddings and stuff, or if you are a Makeup artist and need a foundation for brides…also it photographs beautifully..more so with flash..it gives a flawless canvas..but using too much of it may give a cakey look..
It gives a matte finish..so good for oily combination skin..but in winters I surely need a good moisturiser beneath..and dry skin would need it more so..and stays well whole day..in fact with this foundation, it appears better and better by the end of the day..I think it takes some time to blend in and gel with the skin..and settles beautifully.
|T: Natural Ochre, B: Warm Golden|
Coming to the shades, both Warm Golden and Natural Ochre suit me..now Warm Golden is neutral and Natural Ochre is lightest with yellow undertones..but on blending..both matched well..in fact I used Warm Golden on half side and Natural Ochre on other half..and there was hardly any visible difference 😀 Though Warm Golden is one shade that would suit many of us..
|See how both blend well..|
1. Gives a flawless coverage when builded full.
2. Matte finish..so good for oily combination skin.
3. Photographs well.
4. Perfect for wedding, occasions and for MUA’s
5. Easy to use…and blends in well.
6. Looks better and better by the end of the day.
7. Stays well whole day..with just slight powder touch up on T zone mostly.
8. At first I felt the qty was less, but actually its good enough..compared to other foundations too.
9. Economical for the range of full coverage foundations.
1. The packaging…very heavy glass jar..not travel friendly..and have to dip in fingers.
2. Only 3 shades available in India..there are none for darker skin tones.
3. Dry skin surely needs a moisturiser beneath..and if you like dewy finish..this one is not for you..its all about matte.
4. It settles into fine lines at times..especially when not moisturised well..so a good primer enhances its look..I am not sure how this would fare on mature skin.
Overall I would say this is a very good foundation..especially for oily combination skin..and if you have some occasion coming up, I would say surely try this..it would give you a flawless base..and half the job is done ladies if the base is perfect 😉
Though I would have preferred more shades..only 3 shades obviously do not suit all..and fortunately both work well for me..I use both mixed together at times..so if you are around NC 30-35 Natural Ochre is your shade and for NC 37-40 Warm Golden it is..and those NC 42 and above, Natural Tan is for you..
If you have dry skin and like dewy finish..or do not like full coverage foundations and like the ones that lets the skin breathe, like me, you may give this a skip..but occasionally I do prefer full coverage ones..
Value for money: 3.75/5
Overall Rating: 4/5
Would I buy it again: Yes..if required..
P.S: PR Samples. Honest Review.
Have you tried the Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup?