Bollywood Actresses Who Nailed The Punjabi Kudi Look
There is something indescribable about an archetypal Punjabi kudi, isn’t it? An aura of cheerfulness, pertness with oodles of vivaciousness and a my-way- or-the- highway attitude that she naturally exudes – Punjabi ladies compel one to take a second, more relaxed look at the firebrand lasses.
With respect to their choices in raiment, they know what they want and make no bones about it and boy, they look drop-dead gorgeous in everything that they swaddle themselves in as if it were tailor- made for them in the first place.
A number of our leading ladies in Tinsel-town have oft essayed Punjabi characters. While some went too loud and embarked on a cheesy treacle, others gripped the audience, critics and fashion connoisseurs effortlessly. Discounting for the ones who took the audience for a ride, here is a precis of those leading Bollywood Actresses Who Nailed The Punjabi Kudi Look.
1. ANUSHKA SHARMA- With a radiant skin, glossy mane, piercing gaze and go-getter persona, Anushka slipped into the role of a typical Punjabi girl from Delhi named Shruti Kakkar in Band Baaja Baaraat opposite then newcomer – Ranveer Singh effortlessly. While the flick was exalted for its fresh script and execution, we cannot get over the burst of vivaciousness Anushka brought to the silver screen with her Punjabi character.
2. KAREENA KAPOOR KHAN- Here comes a Punjabi kudi in real life too. It is trite that expectations hit the ceiling when a real-life Punjabi lass essays a reel-life Punjabi character. Kareena’s portrayal of the loudmouth but lovable Geet in the 2007 rom-com opposite Shahid Kapoor – Jab We Met, won her accolades and appreciation from all corners. Naturally, she looks an archetypal Punjabi lady onscreen convincingly!
3. ALIA BHATT- The young and perky actress swaddled herself in typical bright Punjabi outfits in the rom-com Humpty Sharma ki Dulhania opposite the livewire Varun Dhawan who played the titular role. With oodles of rumbustiousness and boisterousness, she looked adorable onscreen.
4. PREITY ZINTA- With that enviable dimple on her cheek, Preity Zinta slipped into the role of a rustic Punjabi lass effortlessly. Clad in colour co-ordinated Punjabi salwar Kameez, while beaming joyfully she infused a new energy on the 77 mm screen.
5. GENELIA D’SOUZA- The livewire Genelia essayed the character of a Punjabi girl – Mini in Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya opposite her now-hubby Riteish Deshmukh. Donned in typical embellished Punjabi suits and exuding a carefree attitude, Genelia nailed the look.
6. KAJOL- And who can give the powerhouse performer Kajol’s role in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham a miss? Essaying the role of a typical Chandni Chowk motormouth, her portrayal is hard to miss. Chirpy, bubbling with gusto and an out and out live-wire, she hits the bulls-eye with her styling and acting chops.
7. SABA QAMAR – A newbie to B-town, Pakistani actress Saba Qamar’s acting credentials are hard to overlook. So is her cherubic semblance. In the critically and commercially acclaimed Hindi Medium, Saba essayed the role of Mita Batra and carried off the typical Delhi lingo, mannerisms and body language convincingly.
So with that, we wrap up the look-book for the day. Did we miss out on of the leading ladies who, in your view should have made it to our list?
P.S: I do not own the images in this post
Which ones out of the aforementioned ladies caught your eyes the most?