Soulflower Coldpressed Olive Oil Review, Benefits, How to Use
INTRODUCTION – Olive oil is a multipurpose oil and a very important part of my skincare and haircare. I have been using this oil for quite a long time now and I am really surprised how beneficial it can be. The brand, Soulflower is a well-known one, for making different carrier and essential oils. I have tried various products from them and was really impressed with the quality.
So let’s get straight into the details.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION – Olive Carrier Oil – Coldpressed have ability to nourish, moisturize and improve skin elasticity, acts as a deep conditioner & a dandruff controller, giving hair shine & strength.
PRICE – Rs. 300 for 200ml (Buy HERE)
The Soulflower Coldpressed Olive Carrier Oil comes in a slender plastic bottle with a transparent body. It has a white opaque screw cap with a flip open lid and a small opening that dispenses the right amount oil and controls the flow as well. The packaging is really travel friendly and light weight. I always dreaded carrying oils while travelling but this one causes no spillage at all. It was easy and handy. The olive oil is golden yellow in color with a thicker consistency. It is slight sticky as well due to the consistency and few other addition of ingredients in it. There is no complain regarding the thicker consistency because cold pressed and chemical free olive oils are like that. There is a slight hint of olive aroma and nothing artificial at all. It isn’t a very pleasant smell but it won’t put you off.
Before moving on to the various uses, I would like to discuss the ingredients. This product is Cold pressed (which is purist method of producing oils to retain much more of their valuable nutrients) and hence the olives are pressed and grinded in low temperatures in order to retain its aroma, flavor and nutritional value. You would often use various ‘olive oils’ with a light consistency, non-greasy feel but those oil have mineral oil in them and such products are harmful for the skin. As a result, this product is hexane free. The brand claims to extract this product from the seeds of the Olea Europaea (Olive) plant, which is a great source of Vitamin E and also contains Vitamin K and D3.
HOW TO USE –
1. Makeup remover – Oil is the best makeup remover ever! Be it coconut, olive, castor or any other oil, it is going to remove every trace of waterproof and smudge proof makeup. My eyes are super sensitive and thus I avoid using any makeup remover wipe or chemical near it. I use this olive oil or sometimes make a concoction with castor or coconut oil and soak lightly in a damp cloth or cotton ball. I apply on the eyes for 30-40 secs and then swipe gently to remove the makeup. It comes off easily and effectively.
Also, the eye area feel soft and nourished. For face, you can simply massage the oil in circular motion and you would the makeup coming right off. Swipe off everything in a damp cotton and wash the face as usual.
2. Eyes – Eye area is naturally dry and the skin around it is very thin. It loses moisture easily and thus require extra nourishment. I dip a Q-tip in the oil and apply all over the eyelids and under eyes, along with the lashes and eyebrows. I massage the oil slightly and let it soak overnight. Therefore, whenever I wake up, the area feel nourished and hydrated all day long. This is helped me a lot and prevented the wrinkles around the eyes.
3. Skin – Olive is antiaging and contains various vitamins like Vitamin E, Vitamin K and D3. It helps to prevent fine lines, crow feet and wrinkles. Olive oil also nourishes and moisturizes the skin. if you have dry skin, simply apply the oil to the dry patches and you will wake up with renew and rejuvenated skin.
4. Body and Aromatherapy – Olive Carrier Oil has the ability to nourish, moisturize and improve skin elasticity. This is why it is an excellent product for body massage and aromatherapy. You can also mix with other essential oils and massage. Initially, it feels slightly sticky but given some time, it gets absorbed well. In fact, you won’t need a body lotion throughout the day. You can also use this for body scrub. Take 2-3tbsp. of crushed almonds, coffee and add olive oil with it. Massage it thoroughly before bath.
5. Nails and Hands – It serves as an excellent hand nourisher and nail cuticle oil. For dry hands, simply massage the oil for 5-6mins and wear a glove for 30mins. Once you open the glove, your hands will be as soft as a baby’s skin. For nails and the dry area around nails, apply olive oil and let it soak for an hour. You would never see dryness if you do this regularly.
6. Hair – My favorite part is to apply a concoction of 3 oils – olive, castor and coconut. This methods works like a charm for me and prevented split ends and dryness. I massage the oil on the scalp and length of the hair and keep it overnight. I wash off in the morning with a mild shampoo and conditioner and the hair feel soft and manageable. I even add the olive oil in my homemade hair masks as well for the extra nourishment.
7. Lips – Lips feel dry and chapped every day and simple lip balms are not good enough to keep them soft and supple. I mix olive, castor, shea butter and coffee grinds and scrub the lips once a day, before hitting the bed. It helps to remove the dry patches and keep the lips soft and pouty.
8. Shaving – Shaving with olive will save you time and money. You won’t have to apply any body lotion or oil post-shaving as the olive oil is enough to nourish and hydrate it. Thus, if you are in a hurry, simply apply the oil generously on the area to be shaved and use the razor.
WHAT I LIKED
1. Well packaged and travel friendly.
2. A golden yellow color with subtle notes of olive.
3. Thick consistency.
4. Hexane free.
5. Extracted from the seeds of the Olea Europaea (Olive) plant, which is a great source of Vitamin E and also contains Vitamin K and D3.
6. It has versatile uses.
8. Easily available.
WHAT I DISLIKED
RATING – 5/5
OVERALL – Soulflower Coldpressed Olive Carrier Oil is one of the best and affordable oil that that versatile uses and an essential part of the skincare and haircare. It is authentic and has no side effects whatsoever. Moreover the oil will last you a long time. I would highly recommend this one.