Best Off Screen Looks of Alia Bhatt
At the unripe age of 19, she stepped into the glittery world of Tinseltown in a movie that thrived more on glitz and glamour and less on substance. Post the release, she was labelled a non-performer to an under-performer. The very next year, she came with a bang with a heart-wrenchingly honest performance in Imtiaz Ali’s Highway opposite the powerhouse performer Randeep Hooda and audiences unanimously exclaimed ‘The Student has grown up’. How true! Less than a year and she upped her acting game by leaps and bounds. With a few unsatisfactory performances in the past including the nowhere-Shandaar ‘Shandaar’ and the predictable and banal to death ‘Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania’, she has managed to stay afloat as an ‘actor’. In the fashion department, given her age, she has dressed appropriately and that has caught the eye of the Fashion police. With a few glitches here and there, on average, her dressing sense is fun, youthful and exuberant. It’s none other than the chirpy Alia Bhatt and from her style book, today we are going to pick our best 5 looks that we drooled over. 🙂
1. THE FUN ONE-PIECE- Swaddled in a chic TopShop dress and ASOS brogues, this young lady looked prepossessing during the promotions of her then, impending movie- Shaandaar. The pink lips, nude makeup and understated eye makeup make it picture perfect for she is looking trendy effortlessly.
2. THE CROP TOP LOOK – Teaming up a black crop with a pair of comfy shorts and a black hat, Alia looked the textbook definition of winsome as she attended the press meet of Humpty Sharma ki Dulhaniya. Not to forget that dimple adds the perfect dash of cuteness, doesn’t it? 🙂
3. THE DUNGAREE LOOK AT THE MUSIC LAUNCH- She danced in her usual effervescent self and shutterbugs went into frenzy as she did so at the music launch of Shaandaar. Alia carefully and in fact, smartly opted for ILK overalls by Shikha and Vinita which she teamed up with a dark checked shirt. Soft wavy hair and metallic sneakers from Aldo ensured that brought the house down as she swayed to the tunes of ‘Gulaabo”
4. BRINGING THE LADY OUT WITH THE BOW DRESS- Ringing her 23rd birthday celebrations with panache, Alia opted for a black off-shoulder dress with a huge silver bow on its top. It channelized all her vivaciousness in one go.
5. WHEN SHE STEPPED OUT IN BLUE- Donning a Kanika Goyal outfit with a cool tee, understated heels from Pheddies and a little dramatic makeup, this pretty lass looked drop- dead gorgeous as she stepped out to promote Shaandaar. The movie might be miles away from its title but the look Alia carried was surely one. 🙂
Editor’s Note: I absolutely loved the first and even the dungarees, and that bow dress. Nice compilation Nidhal.
Which is your favourite Alia Bhatt off screen look?