10 Lipstick Hacks Every Woman Needs To Know!
I’ve been a loyal lipstick user over years, it all started when I was 5 and I started applying my mother’s lipstick however back then I use to paint my entire face with lipstick and it was a ugly messy sight but I officially had my hands on lipsticks when I was in college, there are many things which are hidden and I’m going to reveal it for my lovely readers! These ideas and tricks are from my personal experience which will make your life so much easier. I feel every woman deserves to know these simple useful tricks!
1. New shade : Once your addicted to lipstick there is a constant urge to buy new shades, no matter how many lipsticks you own it’s still less! But here’s a simple trick, merge lipsticks! Use a darker shade lipstick as a base coat then apply a lighter shade you will end up with a different shade each time! You need to use a couple of lipsticks and find the right pair.
2. Matte lipsticks : Matte lipsticks are the new trend but do you know you can get matte look with any lipstick you have? Apply 2-3 generous coats of your regular lipstick now stick a thin layer of tissue on your lips dust some baby powder on a make up brush and rub over the tissue. After removing your tissue you’ll end up with matte looking lips.
3. Get a lighter shade : Love your lipstick but sometimes you wished it was a bit lighter? Apply your lipstick then apply a nude coloured lipstick, mix the colour well on your lips. If you don’t have a nude lipstick go ahead and use a foundation!
4. Avoid teeth stains : Imagine, you’re with your guy and he tells you there’s lipstick on your teeth!!! This would be such an embarrassing situation. Here’s a trick, This may sound kind of yuck but it’s worth it! Pout your lips then Insert a clean finger in your mouth slowly remove it out, the excess lipstick which is inside the mouth will be removed by the finger.
5. Use lipstick as blush : Running out of blush? Use your favourite pink lipstick apply some on your fingers and blend it over your cheeks, secure it with a compact powder.
6. Pop your red lips :Ever wondered how stars get that perfect red lips? Apply foundation over your lips and surrounding areas, to get perfect red lips you need to apply a lip liner, merge the lipliner on your lips then apply your red lips, this way your lips will pop on your face, when you go loud on lips apply light makeup on eyes and cheeks.
7. Fix Broken lipstick : Accidents happen! If your lipstick is broken, use a lighter to melt it then stick it back seal it with lighter again. be carful to melt it just as required or else you’ll end up melting the entire lipstick.
8. Avoid melting : Refrigerate your lipsticks to avoid it from summer time melting.
9. Long lasting colour : Blot your lips with tissue paper in between your lipstick application, doing so will remove excess oil from your lips, when you apply the second coat the colour grip will be stronger and it will stay longer. You can blot twice in between application.
10. Go larger : Larger lips always look sexy, the best way to achieve it at home is to use a concealer on your lips and surrounding area now reshape your lips by applying lip liner just slightly outside your natural lip line. Merge the colour with a brush or your fingers then apply your lipstick this way you’ll have bigger looking lips instantly.
Editor’s Note: Absolutely loved these tips and hacks Shelja, I do the make lipstick matte with powder sometimes.
Do you like these hacks? Do you guys use them often?