Gillette Venus #SubscribeToSmooth Challenge: 2nd Update
Another round of shaving after 9-10 days, my skin is still soft and smooth. I will bust the myth ‘Shaving alters or changes skin color or makes it patchy’ today. I have been shaving my legs since quite some now and it did not at all change the color of my skin. Skin might feel a bit patchy right after shaving,if you go for dry shaving and do not moisturise it enough. If you go for wet shaving, no such issue. And the patchiness is just for a few minutes untill you apply moisturiser, even in dry shaving. It does not make your skin change its texture or color in any way.
Your skin remains the same, and in fact it is even more smoother after shaving 😀 We all love those hairless legs’ feeling, right.
Some tips for shaving correctly:
- Go for wet shaving while having a bath, whenever you can
- Do not soak your skin in shower for more than 1-2 minutes, before shaving, as you do not want the skin to swell up.
- Always moisturise before the bath for a smoother shaving experience.
- Follow up with a nice moisturiser, preferably with retinol to avoid itching and calm the skin.
- A shaving gel will make the process easier, if you run out of it, you can use your hair conditioner to shave.
- Use a calamine lotion if you have sensitive skin.
Read the Gillette Venus Razor Review HERE
You can check out Gillette Venus’ facebook app to know more about shaving or follow them on twitter. You can buy the Gillette Venus Razor HERE, the set of cartridges HERE or the combo pack of all with the Satin Care Gel HERE