First of all thank you so much for all the wishes on this post and on facebook and mails..I am overwhelmed 🙂 Thanks a lot..
Coming to the review of the newly launched Maybelline Bold Matte Lipstick..
What the Company claims: Hydrating matte with honey nectar
o Moisturising agents like rosa canina oil and jojoba oil
o Powderless matte pigments ensure true vivid shades
5 trendy vibrant shades in a brilliant matte texture
Read more HERE
MRP: Rs.375/- for 3.9g
It comes in the normal silver Colorsensational packaging but with a sheer red cap..has a fruity watermelon smell..
But first thing to be noticed is, its not matte ! I am not aware why these are claimed to be matter..these are quite creamy and glossy..super pigmentation..these can be builded to a super opaque color..and I love the staying power !! It stays for almost 5-6 hours and then leaves behind a nice coral pink stain.
Mat 2 is a reddish peachy coral..but not neonish or in your face..I love how it makes my teeth looks white and brightens my whole face instantly..I can easily skip a lip balm too with this..coz its quite moisturising..
1. Super pigmented.
2. Comes in 5 bright shades.
3. Moisturising…I do see jojoba oil, etc on the ingredients list..
4. Has a glossy finish which settles for a slightly semi matte one later.
5. Love the staying power..stays for 5-6 hours and leaves behind a pretty stain.
6. I like how the color flatters my skin tone and brightens my face and smile..a perfect reddish coral.
1. Claimed as matte..its not matte.
2. Not transfer proof.
3. I would have preferred different colored caps to distinguish the shades and also giving them names would have been better instead of mat1, mat2, etc
Overall I love them as lipsticks and totally love the shade..if it were not claimed as matte..then it would have been better. Checking out the red and pink too.
If you like bright, long staying yet moisturising lipsticks, you will surely love these. But if you were expecting these to be matte, then skip it.
Value for money : 3.75/5
Overall rating: 3.75/5
Would I buy it again: Of course
P.S: PR Sample. Honest Review.