What the Company claims: Our new Sheer Skin Tint is the perfect way to enhance your skin, rich and creamy like a foundation, yet so lightweight it glides effortlessly onto the skin. Our new beauty must-have leaves all skin types looking naturally dewy, even and radiant. With mineral UV SPF15, it’s enriched with our own unique blend of natural source vitamin E, borage and avocado, specially selected to work in harmony with our skincare range.
Directions to use: Apply a little Sheer Skin Tint onto forehead, nose, cheeks and chin, then blend with fingertips over your face.
Shades available :
The palest shade, this suits fair, alabaster complexions.
The medium shade, this suits the majority of Caucasian skins.
The darkest shade, this works well for suntanned, olive-toned and most Asian skin tones.
MRP: 21£ for 40ml
Ingredients: Aqua (water), Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl benzoate, Zinc oxide, Titanium dioxide, Sorbitol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, Isononyl isononanoate, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Talc, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sodium chloride, Squalane, Borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, Polyhydroxystearic acid, Propylene glycol, Alumina, Aluminum stearate, Silica, Isostearic acid, Stearic acid, Aluminum hydroxide, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium dehydroacetate, Methicone, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, +/- CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI77492 (iron oxides), CI77499 (iron oxides).
Liz Earle Sheer Skin Tint is a new launch by Liz Earle and their first step into makeup after skin care. I told you about their new launch here.
It surprisingly looks like any other normal foundation..medium consistency but a little thick in texture compared to a tinted moisturiser. It gives light to medium coverage depending on the qty used. I guess the thicker texture is due to the oils present in it..but that would make this perfect for people with dry skin.
It has a blue tube packaging (which is patented ) with a narrow opening just for the right amount of product. The shade 02 Beige at first looked a little lighter for me..but when blended it looked fine. It does not have too much of yellow or pink undertones..its kinda neutral.
1. It gives a nice dewy finish to the skin.
2. Has borage oil,avocado oil and Vitamin E.
3. Gives light to medium coverage depending on how much and how you use it.
4. It would be perfect for people with dry skin and who like a dewy finish.
5. The tube is quite handy and easy to carry along.
6. Has SPF 15.
7. Even though its rich and creamy, it does not feel too heavy.
1. It has a little weird smell, mostly of the borage and avocado oils which does go away after a while.
2. Oily skinned would surely need to set it with a powder and it would not give you a matte effect..the shine would come back sooner.
3. Only 3 shades to choose from and there is no shade for the duskier lot.
4. Expensive for a tinted moisturiser.
5. Availability is an issue. It can only be purchased online.
Overall I did like it..but I think its better used in winters..and not in humid or hot climate. Its perfect for the dry skinned ladies ! But if you need more coverage you can skip this.
Value for money: 3.5/5
Overall Rating: 3.5/5
Would I buy it again: Umm…I guess no..Its a little too rich and creamy for me as I have a combination skin.
P.S: Product sent by brand for review but it has not affected my opinion.